Closing In

It seems these days that the news continues to be depressing. I have to say I haven't watched a news broadcast in several years. However, I do follow news stories. Two in particular grabbed my attention. One story was about Israel closing the temple mount to everyone. When they reopened, they only let Jews in and they were able to pray on the Temple Mount for the first time in a very long time. In this news story, almost as a side note, they mentioned how Israel was considering and planning to rebuild said temple.

The second story was a "fake news" story from one of those sites that loves to promote fake news. I thought nothing of it. Low and behold, an actual news station did a story on this. The story is of a company in Wisconsin who is looking at the possibility of offering a chip implant for it's employees to replace key cards. Whoa Nellie. That really caught my attention when a reputable news source is doing a story on it.

So what do these two have to do with the price of tea in China? Everything. You see, it's prophesied in the Old Testament that the Temple will be rebuilt and sacrifices reinstated in various scriptures including Matthew 24:15, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, Revelation 13:14-15, Daniel 9:26-27, 11:31, 12:11. This will herald a time where the anti-Christ will come and set up shop, make treaties and set up worship of himself. Not only this, but in Revelation 13:16-17, we read about the mark of the beast being placed in the right hand or forehead by this anti-Christ. Now, naturally this Wisconsin company is simply using technology. They aren't the devil. However, we need to wake up to the possibility that this could very well be a technology used to fulfill this particular prophecy. It says that no one will be able to do business without this "mark".

The fact that these two stories hit within a week of each other is a serious wake up call to all the faithful. You see, most people believe in a rapture of the church before all this goes down. However, what if we've interpreted it wrong? What if we're completely unprepared for the events of the tribulation simply because we mistook prophecies? Let me remind you the Pharisees did the same thing...and crucified the Messiah. No matter what theology you hold for the End Times, one has to admit that we are closer now that we ever were before. All the more reason to wake up and pay attention to the events going on around us. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with anything as far as End Times theology. I'm simply presenting these as possibilities. With that said, educate yourself on prophecy. Not just the popular and traditional views, but study Scripture for yourself and let God guide you. I'll be the first to tell you that I haven't got the foggiest idea. I have thoughts on it all, but I am in no way an expert. I just know that End Times are closing in and although I cannot and will not give a timeframe, I will tell you what my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ said,

33 In the same way, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near—at the door! 34 I assure you: This generation will certainly not pass away until all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 36 “Now concerning that day and hour no one knows—neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son—except the Father only.


The Holy Bible: Holman Christian standard version. (2009). (Mt 24:33–36). Nashville: Holman Bible Publishers.

If you'd like, read that whole section, Matthew 24:3-25:46. It's a good section on this particular subject. It's a good place to start. Be prepared my friends, because the Day of the Lord is closing in. Be ready at all times because we have no clue as to when that day will come. Whether in our lifetime or not, we always need to be prepared. We have a responsibility to be on guard for the coming of our Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Half-Truth Problem & The Life of Christ: The Sermon on the Mount Link

The Outward Disciplines: Simplicity, Solitude, Submission and Service

The End of Christianity in America?? For real???