To preach or not to preach...

As my education furthers and I feel the tugging of God at my heart telling me that I am ready for a ministry and I should be ready to accept a position, I am wondering what everyone's opinions are on this subject. Many of the people at my school and in my classes working to achieve their Bachelor's degrees are in or have been in the ministry even without the proper education.

I was at my family's house around a month ago and received heavy resistance from them when I told them I am applying for paid positions in churches. They believe it's not right because I do not have the proper education. Keep in mind that these are the people who are also criticizing me for going into ministry in the first place as well.

In my opinion, if we refuse to accept it when someone says that God is calling them to be a preacher, even without an education, who are we to doubt that? If we do doubt it, aren't we putting a box around God and saying that He couldn't possibly prepare someone for ministry before their education is complete? I believe that I have the tools necessary in order to minister in a church. I believe God has equipped me with everything necessary to do the job. I feel the Spirit guide me when I pray, study and write sermons. I can feel God telling me when I should or shouldn't apply for a position.

What do you think? I believe my education is going to further my knowledge and plan on continuing through to get my Master of Divinity. I just believe God has prepared me to take a position in the near future sometime.

I look forward to discussing this topic with everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Half-Truth Problem & The Life of Christ: The Sermon on the Mount Link

The Outward Disciplines: Simplicity, Solitude, Submission and Service

The End of Christianity in America?? For real???