What we're made of...

When is it that we find out what we're really made of? Is it during the good times? Perhaps it's during the times when we don't know where to turn. Usually during the trials in our life is when we find our inner strength.

During these past few months, the trials have come as thick as the "Ole' 96'er". But during these trials, unlike in the past, this time I have stood my ground, with my Lord Jesus by my side giving me His strength. Too many times in my life I have run from trouble. Finally for the first time in my life I am sticking my ground. I am not letting the powers of evil deter me from my task given by God. I made a vow to God that I would follow where He leads me, so in order to keep that vow, I must be strong and stand my ground. How are you at standing your ground? Do you have a tendency to run away from trouble? Do you not deal with the things in life that need to be dealt with? When we stand our ground, we need to be sure that we don't let our guard down as well. It is in this time where we are the most vulnerable to the enemy. If we don't keep our defenses up while we are under trial, the devil will sneak in through this lowered wall. If we keep up our defenses, sometimes we can manage to get through the trial.

There are times when we get to the point that we don't think we can go any further. Here is when the Lord fortifies us with His strength and we go so much further than we ever thought we would or could. It is only by His grace that we manage to make it through any trial. Prayer is a powerful tool that must be used during these times. If we neglect to pray about our trials, we don't even have a chance to get through.

In Romans 12:12 Paul writes; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation,
continuing steadfastly in prayer; (NKJV). This is our job, to remain in prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Half-Truth Problem & The Life of Christ: The Sermon on the Mount Link

The Outward Disciplines: Simplicity, Solitude, Submission and Service

The End of Christianity in America?? For real???