Conformity...

I am so tired of seeing non-believers attacking the Bible and it's authenticity whenever someone pops up saying they've found things such as The Shroud of Turin or today's news, the possibility being that they've found Noah's Ark. Keep in mind, I'm not saying what they've found is or isn't. Is it possible? Sure, yes, it is. However, it very well might not be either. In either case, my faith does not hang on the balance of whether or not this thing they found is or isn't. Romans 12:2 says:

2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The Holy Bible : New International Version, electronic ed. (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1996), Ro 12:2.

I refuse to hang my faith on things found in the world that may or may not have been the actual thing: Biblical arks, the shroud of Jesus for example. I KNOW these things have happened and my faith is in Jesus Christ...for He's made the sacrifice for us. I do not need tangible evidence to prove it. I already have all of the proof I need...The Bible, The Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, God's Love which stood with me through my trials of yesterday, today and tomorrow and brought me back to a life filled with His glory. I look forward to what He has in store for us later.

If you are reading this and you are a non-believer, I appreciate you reading. Now, let these words into your heart and allow them to transform you. Jesus Christ died the death we deserve and he did it for you. Allow Him to take control of your life and make the change in you. Your life will NOT be perfect once you accept Him, however, you will have Him to lean on when times are tough. He laughs when you laugh, cries when you cry, rejoices in your triumphs and sorrows in your pain. He will stand with you through the tests of this life into the perfectness of the life to come. May God Bless you and your walk with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Half-Truth Problem & The Life of Christ: The Sermon on the Mount Link

The Outward Disciplines: Simplicity, Solitude, Submission and Service

The End of Christianity in America?? For real???