The American Discipleship Problem

This title is the title of the book I am going to write. It is a combination of "The Lukewarm Christian Epidemic" and the Relational Discipleship kick I have been on for a year or two now. God has given me 4 sections, 17 chapter headings and a preface. Of course, as everyone knows, this is subject to change as the Spirit leads.

At first I thought this book would be a short thing. However, the more I get into it, the more I see this thing is really going to be a 'book'. I am eagerly awaiting God's lead in this and am excited to see this project really take form. So many churches need to hear what this book is going to talk about...so many people need to hear it...

It isn't just derived from my experiences with the churches I've been at. It is derived from those experiences, but a wider trend through other churches as well. It isn't limited to rural churches, urban churches, small churches or large churches. It is a problem that occurs in many different churches...dare I say in all churches to some extent or another. The trouble is this: how do you inspire someone to be discipled if they don't want to? Well, that's just it. You can't make them. . The only way it can be done is by the softening of their hearts by God and by living a Godly example. Simply, it's about relationship. That is what this book focuses on. I am not sure if I will publish it or not...if it does, God will lead it, I have faith in Him for that. Stay tuned for more details forthcoming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Outward Disciplines: Simplicity, Solitude, Submission and Service

The Half-Truth Problem & The Life of Christ: The Sermon on the Mount Link

An offering devotion...something to think about