Ryan's Reflections for November & December Newsletter

As I write this, we are a few short weeks until the Presidential election. I can honestly say, I know many people on both sides of the political aisle that are in despair and see little to no hope for the future after this election. I must say that there are times I totally have that same feeling. I see what is happening in our country and I get discouraged and as a father, I worry for my kids future (and future grandchildren). However, what always brings me back is the fact that despite what transpires in our country, God is still God. He is still sovereign. He is still in control.

The verse above here is the last verse of Psalm 27. The Psalm starts off in verse 1 by stating that,

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of  my life; whom shall I dread?”

Psalm 27 is a psalm of “fearless trust in the Lord” as the heading suggests. Read the Psalm. Despite the trouble, despite the abandonment, despite the persecution, it is the Lord that sustains us. It is the Lord that conceals us in His secret place. It is the Lord that we hope for.

I cannot tell you exactly what is coming. I know there’s a train coming down the tracks. It is obvious there’s a divide in our country. I can’t tell you what the train is hauling behind it or what will happen after it passes. But what I can tell you is just this: trust in the Lord. Hope in the Lord. WAIT for the Lord. We have His strength and we can take courage because of what He has done. He is coming again. Be ready.

If you would, allow me to take this idea and speak into the season with which we now find ourselves. It is the season of Thanksgiving and Christmas. As many of you know, it is our family’s favorite season. We have a pumpkin in the foyer again. I encourage you to write what you’re thankful for this year on it. In a year where things have been upside down and crazy, it’s good to remind ourselves with what we have truly to be thankful for. In addition to that, Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ...allow me to remind us that not only do we look back at the atonement that came through Christ, but we look forward to the King of kings that is coming again to bring His judgment, and He will do so quickly.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Half-Truth Problem & The Life of Christ: The Sermon on the Mount Link

The Outward Disciplines: Simplicity, Solitude, Submission and Service

The End of Christianity in America?? For real???